Privacy and Cookies Statement
This statement is issued by AvantiGas On LTD, having it's registered office at UGI House, Gisborne Close, Staveley, Chesterfield, S43 3JT, further referred to as ('we' and 'our').
Last Revision Date: 24 November 2021
If you are a customer of ours, and would like more information regarding the types of Personal Information collected and their intended use, please see our Customer Privacy Notice here.
When visiting our websites, information relating to the device you are using to browse may be recorded in your device cookie files. This is subject to your selected preferences and can be modified at any time.
What are "cookies" or “trackers”
Cookies and trackers can be stored or read, for example when visiting a AvantiGas On website.
The terms cookie and tracker may include:
- cookies placed in the form of pixel tags or "web beacons";
- cookies using the 'local shared object' technology known as "flash" cookies;
- access to system information through application programming interfaces (APIs e.g. LocalStorage, IndexedDB, advertising identifiers such as IDFA or Android ID, access to GPS, etc),
- any other identifier generated by software or operating system (serial number, MAC address, unique terminal identifier (IDFV), or any set of data that is used to calculate a unique fingerprint of the system (for example via a "fingerprinting" method).
For convenience, the term "cookies" will be used in this policy to cover all these technologies.
Important information about consent to the storage and reading of cookies placed on your device
The storage or reading of certain cookies do not require your consent.
- because they do not process any personal data that could identify you, or
- because they are strictly necessary for the provision of the service you request, or
- because they are used to provide statistical data under certain conditions.
Other types of cookies are only placed on your device if you accept them.
What cookies do AvantiGas On use?
When you browse our websites, first-party cookies and third-party cookies may be installed on your devices.
- First-party cookies are those created by AvantiGas On and set on the websites you visit. These are cookies that are necessary for the operation of the site or that improve its navigation and interactivity. They are exclusively subject to the conditions defined in this policy;
- Third-party cookies are created, stored and used by partner companies on behalf of AvantiGas On, for the proper functioning and optimisation of our websites (functional cookies), audience measurement (analytical cookies), real-time sharing (sharing cookies) and improving the advertising offer (advertising cookies). The issue and use of third-party cookies are subject to the cookie policies of these third parties.
Four types of cookies are placed on our websites:
- Cookies strictly necessary for the operation of the site: these cookies are essential for your navigation on our websites. They allow you to maintain your connection to our sites and secure it. Thanks to them, you can, for example, access your customer area. These cookies may use identifiers or Personal Data that you have previously entered and saved. By refusing to allow these cookies to be placed on your device, you may not benefit from all the features of our websites.
- Optimisation and personalisation (functionality) cookies: these cookies allow the site to function optimally. Their purpose is to ensure a smooth and personalised navigation on our websites. They allow you to maintain your connection to our sites and secure it. These cookies are not essential for navigation but they make it possible to optimise the operation of our websites, in particular the display of pages according to your preferences, the configuration of your device or and your network connectivity. You can object to them or delete them using your browser settings, however your user experience may be degraded.
- Audience measurement (analytical) cookies: these cookies allow us to know the performance of our websites and how they are used. These cookies aim to improve the interest and quality of our services by having access to statistics relating to the volumes of visitors and the use of our websites. They also aim to detect navigation problems that may occur and improve the performance and functionality of our websites. These cookies collect information about the pages you visit, including the number of pages viewed, date and time, number of visits, your activity on our websites, your frequency of return and in some cases, your IP address. They only process data relating to your browsing on our websites, which can be read during your subsequent visits. Some of these cookies may be placed on behalf of AvantiGas by our third party partners, and in particular the company VTE, as part of the calculation of EEC premiums (Energy Saving Certificates) that can be carried out on certain AvantiGas On websites.
- Advertising cookies: these cookies are used to give you our offers that are best suited to your interests when you visit other sites. They also make it possible to measure the effectiveness of our offers. The relevance of the advertising content displayed on your computer can be optimised by associating the navigation information of your system on our websites with data provided elsewhere (e.g. location information, etc.). The refusal of these cookies has no impact on the use of AvantiGas On's websites.
How long do we store cookies?
We take care to limit the retention period of cookies as much as possible, while offering you a personalised, high-quality service.
Your cookie permissions
How to manage cookies through the cookie banner
During your first visit to our site, you can set your cookie preferences through the banner that appears on your first visit. You can authorise the placement of cookies by selecting the 'Accept All Cookies' button, and you can refuse all cookies by selecting the 'Reject All' button. To choose the categories of cookies you wish to accept use the 'Cookie Settings' button and you will be taken to a screen where you can enable or disable cookies by category. This selection, once made, will be remembered through a configuration cookie on the device for your visit and subsequent visits as long as the configuration is not deleted manually or by the browser settings deleting all cookies when it is closed.
How to manage cookies through your computer or smartphone
You can allow or refuse the storage of cookies in your computer and modify the settings at any time. If your settings allow the storage of cookies, they are stored on your device.
How to manage cookie settings in your browser
Most browsers accept cookies by default. However, you can decide to block these cookies or ask your browser to notify you when a site tries to install a cookie on your device.
Please refer to the help menu of your browser in order to set cookies according to your preferences. Below you will find links to the cookie settings for the main browsers on the market:
How to set your privacy settings in your smartphone
You can decide to reset your advertising ID and change the privacy settings on your smartphone. Below you will find links to the cookie settings for the most popular mobile platforms:
Blocking advertising cookies
You can set your browser to refuse third-party cookies by default. You can also decide to block only certain providers. Plugins and extensions are available to systematically block the storage of advertising cookies.
Your Online Choices offers to control cookies company: http://www.youronlinechoices.com