We believe in getting things right first time, every time, we’re really sorry if that does not always happen. If you have cause to complain, once you have contacted us we will give you a named case handler to speak to.
This policy is for our b2b mains energy supply - if you have a complaint about LPG (e.g. gas bottles or cylinders) please view our LPG complaints policy.
Making a Complaint
If you have cause to complain about our AvantiGas business mains energy service you can talk to us on 0808 100 1008 (9am-5pm Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays) or let us know in writing.
Online: Please use the webform below
Letter: AvantiGas ON, UGI House Building 4, Gisborne Close, Staveley, Chesterfield, England, S43 3JT.
When raising a complaint please provide us with the following information:
- your account number
- your full name and business name
- your site postcode
- details of your complaint
We’ll keep a record of your complaint and all details that you give us. If we don’t manage to resolve your complaint on your first contact with us, we’ll keep in touch with you regularly on what we're doing to resolve your complaint.
Remedies to your Complaint
There are a number of actions we may take to resolve your complaint, including:
- we’ll say sorry for any wrongdoing or mistakes
- we’ll provide an explanation of why things didn’t go to plan
- we’ll take relevant action to fix any issues
- where appropriate we may pay you some financial compensation.
We will endeavour to find a resolution but if the conclusion is not to your satisfaction:
- You can ask us to conduct an internal review of your complaint.
- You can ask to discuss this with a manager at AvantiGas ON. If you would prefer to contact a manager in writing, you can also email email@example.com or write to us at the addresses above. Please always quote your account number when you contact us. We aim to respond to you within 2 working days with a written reply setting out how we propose to resolve your complaint.
- If you are not satisfied with the response we have given you and we have told you that we can’t do anything further to resolve your complaint, you can request that we issue a “Deadlock Letter”. This is written confirmation from us that we have been unable to resolve the complaint to your satisfaction despite our best efforts.
If you are a microbusiness and we haven’t replied to you in 8 weeks or we have issued you with a Deadlock Letter you can then refer your complaint to the Energy Ombudsman - https://www.ombudsman-services.org/sectors/energy.
The Energy Ombudsman is an independent service provided free of charge which resolves customer complaints in an impartial manner. Once a complaint has been referred to the Energy Ombudsman, it then investigates the issue in partnership with AvantiGas ON and yourselves.
The Energy Ombudsman can issue a decision which is binding on us and requires us to provide either an apology, an explanation, or a service or action that benefits you, and this could include compensation. You do not have to follow what the Energy Ombudsman decides, and you can still seek further advice if you wish.
Citizens Advice and Advice Direct Scotland provide free, confidential and impartial advice on any issues you may have in relation to your energy supply.
If your premise is in England or Wales contact Citizens Advice on https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/energy or by calling 0808 223 1133. If your premise is in Scotland contact Advice Direct Scotland on www.energyadvice.scot or 0808 196 8660.
What is a Micro Business?
A non-domestic consumer is defined as a microbusiness if they:
- Employ less than 10 employees and has an annual turnover of less than 2 million; or
- Use less than 100,000 kWh of electricity a year; or
- Use less than 293,000 kWh of gas a year.